TAROT VS FOOD – SERIES!
I love food and I love Tarot! So I thought: why not make a series comparing the Major Arcana cards to food /food experience?
I have been away for a loooong time and it’s been quite difficult to find the time and energy to write on the blog. Anyways… I promised myself I would finish these series so here it is: a brand new chapter on Tarot vs Food !!
This week, I present to you:
CHAPTER 19 -The SUN VERSUS PIZZA
Greetings tarot foodies !
This is week I’m going to share with you my love for Pizza and the major arcana card the Sun. Before I dive into my explanation of why I chose pizza as comparison I’d like to point out a few reasons why I particularly love this card :
- My Sun is in Leo and Leo is ruled by the Sun !
- I m originally from a tropical country where I grew up with lots of sunlight and god knows how much I miss the Sun during the winter time and how I blossom in the summer (something I noticed when I moved to France)
- I believe this card has an amazing optimistic feel to it
- I value honesty and clarity, and this card really speaks to me in regards to finding clarity about a situation.
So now that you understand a little bit more about my connection with the Sun card, let’s talk about Pizza !
I love pizza, any pizza. From fancy pizza to greasy disgusting pizza. Pizza is one of those things that quickly become part of a family tradition, which was the case in my family : Sunday nights = pizza night (note : Sun-day night = pizza night ), celebrating an achievement at school = pizza, watching a soccer game with friends = let’s order pizza, Tuesday’s with the boyfriend, home-made pizza.
Pizza has had an incredible role in my life being part of major events and special moments.
So how do I put pizza and the Sun together ? where should I begin ?
I believe eating pizza with someone is a moment of :
- Truth : because you finally get to know someone when they eat pizza. Are they the ones that eat with their hands or with a knife and fork? Do they remove some of the ingredients ? Are they crust eaters or not ? Do they like catchup or olive oil ? Do they prefer classical flavours or yuppie flavours ? ( you can learn a lot about someone just by eating pizza with them ! This is what I call my moment of clarity )
- Intimacy : because you reveal a lot about your personality when you eat pizza, I believe it creates a moment of intimacy and we see people for who they are, no more masks ( that we had with the Moon). So this is the Sun’s light shining brightly revealing every detail about you.
- Happiness : I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve never went out with friends or my family to eat a consolation pizza. I break up with someone I love or I lose my job I’m not going to eat pizza ! I’m gonna dive into a bucket of ice cream ! Or even better a bottle of wine ! Pizza is for celebrating something ! It’s a fun-loving, carefree moment that you share with people who make you feel happy !
Sounds a lot like when we get the Sun in a reading, doesn’t it ?
A lot like the Sun, eating pizza does bring me back to that safe place of child like innocence, faith, optimism, happiness and light. Every time I get the Sun in a reading I quickly light up to a smile of joy, just like when someone invites me over for pizza !
Hmm…. I think I might just have to go make a reservation for pizza night !
What about you? Which food lights you up ?